Financial Help

When it comes to getting help with your financial matters, how can you choose which company to go with? Financial advisers or financial planners are an important part of many people’s lives. Whether it is helping someone get out of debt, planning for the future, or just some general advice, financial advisers can be a very big help.

Why does no one understand when I say I want to quit my job and become a writer? I’m tired of the “been there, done that” conversations. Tired of having to explain the difference between a 401k and an IRA. This was never part of the fantasy. Just me, tapping at a keyboard while sipping tea by the window. But it’s not going to happen unless I get serious about earning an income — something that should be beyond my comprehension as an aspiring writer. The trouble is I’ve always been a procrastinator, which led to years of taking on debt, skipping payments, and being stuck in a cycle of living paycheck-to-paycheck.

If you don’t have enough money to live, you may be able to get help from the government or the community. You may be able to receive your benefits early if you wait for them to start paying. Check if you can receive a one-time payment from states The government will provide all households in the UK with £ 400 from their electricity bill.

This is known as an energy rate support scheme. You don’t have to do anything to make money and you don’t have to repay it. £ 400 will be automatically credited to your Energy Account for 6 months starting October 2022. If you have a prepaid meter, £ 400 will be credited to the meter or you will be offered a government-approved voucher to get closer to time. If you need invoice support right now, you can find out what to do if you have problems paying your energy bills.

Government will also make a one-time special payment if: The receives certain benefits based on his income. B. Universal Credit Receive disability allowances such as PIP and attendance allowances Beyond the statutory retirement age and receive winter fuel payments You can receive as many of these additional payments as you qualify. They are not taxable and do not count as income when calculating your benefits.

Get help paying for daily essentials

You might be able to get help from: your local council a government loan Food If you`re struggling to pay for food, find out how to get help from a food bank. If you’re at least 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under 4 years old, you might be able to get free vitamins and Healthy Start vouchers for milk, fruit and vegetables and infant formula milk. To get the free vitamins and Healthy Start vouchers you must also be claiming either: Income Support incomebased Jobseeker`s Allowance incomerelated Employment and Support Allowance but only if you’re pregnant Child Tax Credit and your household earns £16,190 a year or less Pension Credit Universal Credit and your household earns £408 a month or less If you get Child Tax Credit you can`t get the vitamins and vouchers if you also get Working Tax Credit unless you get the `runon` payment.

Working Tax Credit runon is the payment you get for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit. If you`re under 18 and pregnant, you can still get vitamins and food vouchers even if you don`t get any of these benefits. Ask your midwife or health visitor for an application form.   Check what help you can get from your local council

Your local council might give you vouchers to help pay for daytoday essentials like: a hot meal secondhand furniture household appliances, for example a cooker This help is known as ‘welfare assistance’ or the `Household Support Fund`. Each community runs its own program. What kind of support is provided and who can get it varies. Find local governments on GOV.UK and ask if they are implementing a social or household assistance scheme that can help you. You do not need to receive benefits to receive assistance from the municipal government.

If you are receiving benefits, your benefits will not be affected if you start withdrawing funds from social assistance or home support fund schemes. Get an interest-free loan to pay for essentials With certain services, you may be able to take advantage of so-called “budget loans” for basic necessities such as clothing and washing machines. You may be eligible if you receive or less: Income Support Income-related unemployment allowance Income-related employment and support allowances Pension credit Loans are interest-free, so you only have to repay what you borrowed. As a general rule, you must repay the loan within two years.

Get help paying your rent

If Housing Benefit or Universal Credit doesn`t cover all your rent and you need more money, you could make a claim for a discretionary housing payment (DHP). A DHP is extra money from your local council to help pay your rent. You need to claim Housing Benefit or the housing costs part of Universal Credit to get a DHP. Your local council doesn’t have to give you a DHP it depends on your circumstances. If the council decide to give you a DHP, they’ll write to tell you: how much you’ll get when the DHP will stop If you still need a DHP after it stops, you can apply again. Applying for a DHP Contact your local council and ask how to apply for a DHP.

When you apply, be as clear as you can when you’re explaining why you need a DHP. For example, you should explain: why you can’t afford to pay the rent why you can’t move somewhere cheaper if it’s causing problems for someone you look after, like a child or elderly relative any evidence you have, like a letter from your doctor or details of debts you’re paying off

You should also tell the council if you’re waiting for them to decide whether you can get Housing Benefit. If you apply on a paper form, it’s a good idea to keep a copy of the form for your records. Check what benefits you can get You can use a free benefits calculator to check which benefits you can get. You`ll need to be a British or Irish citizen and over 18. You`ll need details of your: savings income pension childcare payments existing benefits You`ll need these details for your partner if you have one. You can use the Turn2us or Entitledto benefit calculators to check which benefits you can get.

You can also ask your nearest Citizens Advice to help you work out what benefits you can get. Get your benefit paid early Most benefits can be paid early. This is known as a ‘short term benefit advance’. You might be able to get your benefit paid early if: you`ve claimed a benefit and are waiting for the first payment your benefit has been increased but you haven`t had the new amount yet you`ve been told you won`t be paid on the usual date

A small amount will be taken off future payments to pay it back usually for 12 weeks. You can`t get a benefit paid early for: Housing Benefit Attendance Allowance Disability Living Allowance (DLA) Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Child Benefit Guardian’s Allowance Tax credit To ask for an advance, contact the DWP office that’s dealing with your benefit claim. You can find their contact details in the letters and emails you receive from them.


If you’re worried about how to pay for your next education goal, don’t waste another moment: take the above research into account, ask yourself a few smart questions, and then check out scholarship options. And while you should always do your own research before signing up with a company like Vivicca, we found that they offer substantial amounts of money—and 100% free scholarship searches. They’re just one of many great companies offering financial help for students. So stop waiting around for good fortune to find you; instead, find it yourself with a little bit of research and a lot of hard work.

A big part of starting your own freelance career is financial help. You need to have enough money saved up to sustain you while your business gets off the ground (or enough to get by until you start getting regular clients).

Share this post to your friend!